|
Io ascolto ancora un po' La sua pelle tonda e elastica La paura di ogni età La promessa che è già Come un frontale con un tir di sole E ora un cuore in più Pronto ad afferrarti Ogni volta che sarai Forme, sangue e anima Io ascolto ancora un po' Lascio il mondo libero Di non occuparsi esclusivamente di me Qui anche Milano cerca di far piano Rallenta il suo battito E ascolta il tuo raccontare già Forme d'acqua e anima Voglio essere il vento L'uscio aperto della fantasia Mi darai il tormento Notti insonni ora in tua compagnia Tu conta su di me Giuro sei l'unica a poterlo fare Sarà per tutta la tua vita E della mia quel che rimane Per te Ci sarò sempre Ci sarò sempre Il bello è che Non devi niente in cambio a me Per te Ci sarò sempre Il bello è che Non devi niente in cambio a me Non devi niente in cambio a me Non devi niente in cambio a me Non devi niente non devi niente Non devi niente a me Niente in cambio © 2016 Marta sui tubi |
I still listen a little. Her round and elastic skin, the fear of every age, the promise that already is, like a head-on with a truck of sun and now an additional heart ready to grab you every time that you will be forms, blood, and spirit. I still listen a little. I leave the world free to not worry exclusively about me. Here even Milan tries to be quiet, it slows its beat and listens to your storytelling even. Forms of water and spirit. I want to be the wind, the open doorway of fantasy. You will give me the torment, sleepless nights now in your company. You, count on me, I promise you will be the only one who can do it. It will be for all your life and all of mine, that which remains. For you, I’ll always be there, I’ll always be there. The beauty is that you don’t owe me anything in exchange. For you, I’ll always be there. The beauty is that you don’t owe me anything in exchange, you don’t owe me anything in exchange, you don’t owe me anything in exchange. You owe nothing, you owe nothing, you owe nothing to me. English translation © 2023 Dennis Criteser Lostileostile (Thehostilestyle was Marta sui tubi's sixth and final album, released in 2016 and made possible by a crowdfunding campaign. The band had returned to its roots as a trio in early 2015. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.

