|
Le case in cui ho vissuto Erano cieli chiusi dentro ad una scatola Ed ho lasciato tracce tanto chiare Che qualcuno male interpreta L'educazione non prevede che Si possa andare via bene Senza stare un poco male Per l'alba che c'e' in me In fondo anche un pianeta non e' altro che Una scatola Un po' sferica Le cose che non ho portato via Erano quelle Che non hai voluto Quelle che ho scartato Prima di andar via...... Sono un infinitesimo di me di te di me Solo una parte infinitesima Sono un infinitesimo di me di te di me Solo una parte infinitesima L'abbandono © 2005 Marta sui tubi |
The houses in which I have lived were skies closed inside a box and I left tracks so clear, that someone misinterprets. Upbringing doesn’t foresee that one can leave well without feeling a little bad . . . for the dawn that’s in me. Basically even a planet is nothing else but a box somewhat spherical. The things I didn’t carry away were those that you didn’t want, those that I discarded before going away . . . I am an infinitesimo of me of you of me, just an infinitesimal part. I am an infinitesimo of me of you of me, just an infinitesimal part. English translation © 2023 Dennis Criteser C'è gente che deve dormire (There are People Who Should Sleep) was Marta sui tubi's second album, released in 2005 on the Eclectic Circus Records label. Between their first and second album, the band relocated from Bologna to Milan, a city more packed with people and their business pursuits . . . and perhaps with people who should be sleeping and not keeping their neighbors up. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
