|
(Guardami, Spingimi, Come Chi Mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingi Come Chi Mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingimi, Come Chi mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingi Come Chi Mi Guarda) Guardami, Spingimi, Come Chi Mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingi Come Chi Mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingimi, Come Chi mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingi Come Chi Mi Guarda Quello Che Fotte La Cosa Più Semplicemente Umana Lasciare Il Controllo Del Male, Le Reti, Le Diete, e se è il caso di perdere Parti di Se Goditi i Tuoi Lividi, i tuoi brividi e poi specchiati Altalene che restano ferme a metà Perchè Non Pesi Niente Basta Star Bene Per Non Stare Male, Bene o male, Bene La Voglia di farlo bene o male, bene ma solo da quando sono stato male, vabbene da quando sono di qua Forse Lo Sognerò Piuttosto: Guardami, Spingimi, Come Chi Mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingi Come Chi Mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingimi, Come Chi mi Guarda, Spingimi, Guardami, Spingi Come Chi Mi Guarda Guarda Che A Volte La Cosa Più Semplicemente Umana Lasciare Il Controllo Del Male, Le Reti, Le Diete, e se è il caso di perdere Parti di Se Non ho Pianto Questo è Certo Ma era un sogno Ho un ricordo: Caro Marco, ti scrivo dal profondo del mare, nascosto dentro un giardino di Corallo a riparo dagli squali ma invisibile per le sirene Quando Ne Ho Voglia Alzo gli Occhi e Guardo Il Sole attraverso un milione di miliardi di metri cubi d'acqua e finalmente Non Mi Bruciano più gli Occhi Perché non pesi niente © 2003 Marta sui tubi |
(Watch me, push me, like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push me, like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push like one who watches me) Watch me, push me, like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push me, like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push like one who watches me The one who fucks with the thing more simply human, releasing the control of evil, the network, the diets, and if it’s the case of losing parts of yourself. Enjoy your bruises, your goosebumps and then mirrored. Swings that remain stopped halfway because you don’t weigh anything. It’s enough to be well to not get sick, well or sick, well the desire to do it well or poorly, well but only since I had been ill, okay since I was here, maybe I will dream it. Instead: Watch me, push me, like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push me, like one who watches me, push me, watch me, push like one who watches me Watch that at times the thing more simply human releasing control of evil, the network, the diets, and if it’s the case of losing parts of yourself. I don’t regret, this is certain. But it was a dream, I have a memory: Dear Marco, I write you from the depths of the sea, lost inside a Coral garden taking cover from the squalls but invisible to the mermaids. Whenever I want, I lift my eyes and look at the sun through a million billions of cubic meters of water and finally my eyes don’t burn anymore. English translation © 2023 Dennis Criteser C'è gente che deve dormire (There are People Who Should Sleep) was Marta sui tubi's second album, released in 2005 on the Eclectic Circus Records label. Between their first and second album, the band relocated from Bologna to Milan, a city more packed with people and their business pursuits . . . and perhaps with people who should be sleeping and not keeping their neighbors up. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
