|
Bislacco Sfasato Distratto Suonato da te! Questo rock molto matto lo sai che cos'è? È la prova che amo solo te Perché sei una ragazza svitata così E ti mancan tutti i venerdì E perciò, sai che fò? Per amore del tuo amore, tutto matto diverrò! Il tuo gatto a guinzaglio son pronto a portar Se soltanto me lo chiedi tu Sono pronto a vuotar con un mestolo il mar Se bagnar tu non ti vuoi più Ma però, non mi dir no Altrimenti all'infinito questo rock ti canterò Bislacco Sfasato Distratto Suonato da te! Questo rock molto matto lo sai che cos'è? È la prova che amo solo te Perché sei una ragazza svitata così E ti mancan tutti i venerdì E perciò, sai che fò? Per amore del tuo amore, tutto matto diverrò! Il tuo gatto a guinzaglio son pronto a portar Se soltanto me lo chiedi tu Sono pronto a vuotar con un mestolo il mar Se bagnar tu non ti vuoi più Ma però, non mi dir no Altrimenti all'infinito questo rock ti canterò Bislacco Sfasato Distratto Suonato da te! Rock matto © 1960 Lyrics: Piero Vivarelli; Music: Ezio Leoni, Adriano Celentano "Rock matto" was one of the songs in the 1960 film Urlatori alla sbarra (literally, Howlers on the Witness Stand, but known in English as Howlers in the Dock). The film also starred Elke Sommer and Chet Baker and was part of the musicarello sub-genre, which targeted youth audiences with songs by young singers. |
Freaky Out of sync Distracted Played by you! This real crazy rock, you know what it is? It’s proof that I love only you. Because you’re a kooky girl and you miss all the Fridays and so, you know what I’ll do? For love of your love, I’ll get all crazy! I’m ready to take your cat on a leash if you only ask me to. I’m ready to empty the sea with a ladle if you don’t want to swim any more. But don’t tell me no, otherwise I’ll forever sing this rock to you. Freaky Out of sync Distracted Played by you! This real crazy rock, you know what it is? It’s proof that I love only you. Because you’re a kooky girl and you miss all the Fridays and so, you know what I’ll do? For love of your love, I’ll get all crazy! I’m ready to take your cat on a leash if you only ask me to. I’m ready to empty the sea with a ladle if you don’t want to swim any more. But don’t tell me no, otherwise I’ll forever sing this rock to you. Freaky Out of sync Distracted Played by you! English translation © 2021 Dennis Criteser Furore was Celentano's second album, released at the end of 1960 just before he went into military service. The album is mostly a collection of previously released singles, with arrangements and backing again by Giulio Libano and his orchestra. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
