|
Amami ti voglio bene! Con 24 mila baci oggi saprei perché l'amore vuole ogn'istante mille baci mille carezze vuole all'ora. Con 24 mila baci felici corrono le ore d’un giorno splendido perché ogni secondo bacio te. Niente bugie meravigliose, frasi d'amore appassionate, ma solo baci che do a te, ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye! Con 24 mila baci così frenetico è l'amore in questo giorno di follia ogni minuto è tutto mio. Niente bugie meravigliose, frasi d'amore appassionate, ma solo baci che do a te, ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye! Con 24 mila baci così frenetico è l'amore in questo giorno di follia ogni minuto è tutto mio. Con 24 mila baci felici corrono le ore d’un giorno splendido perché Con 24 mila baci tu mi hai portato alla follia Con 24 mila baci ogni secondo è tutto mio Con 24 mila baci ogni secondo bacio te 24 mila baci © 1961 Adriano Celentano "24 mila baci" appeared in the 1961 musicarello film Io bacio... tu baci (I Kiss, You Kiss), which featured the music of Mina. |
Love me, I love you! With 24 thousand kisses, today I’d like to know why love wants a thousand kisses every moment, a thousand caresses it wants every hour. With 24 thousand kisses, delighted course the hours of a splendid day, because every second I kiss you. No marvelous lies or passionate expressions of love, but only kisses that I give to you, ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye! With 24 thousand kisses, so frenetic love is, in this crazy day every minute is all mine. No marvelous lies or passionate expressions of love, but only kisses that I give to you, ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye.. ye! With 24 thousand kisses, so frenetic love is, in this crazy day every minute is all mine. With 24 thousand kisses, delighted run the hours of a splendid day because with 24 thousand kisses you made me crazy. With 24 thousand kisses every second is all mine, with 24 thousand kisses Every second I kiss you. English translation © 2021 Dennis Criteser Peppermint Twist was Celentano's third album on the Jolly label, released in 1962 after he got out of the military. The album is a collection of previously released singles, with arrangements and backing again by Giulio Libano and his orchestra. Celentano was in a legal dispute with Jolly and had already started his own label, Clan Celentano, but Jolly continued to release previously released singles on this and one more album, even while Celentano was going off on his own. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
