|
Mai, mai, mai più T'amerò così tanto per tutta la vita Mai, mai, mai più Saprò darti il mio cuore come quel dì E tu sai, bimba mia, che impazzivo soltanto per te Mai, mai, mai più Io potrò accarezzarti, mia dolce bambina Mai, mai, mai più Dolci frasi d'amore sentirai come un dì E per sempre scordarti dovrai un amore così Ero pazzo di te Eri pazza di me Ma purtroppo capii Che non eri per me Da quel giorno che tu Mi tradisti così Perché cuore non hai E mi hai fatto soffrir Mai, mai, mai più T'amerò così tanto per tutta la vita Mai, mai, mai più Saprò darti il mio cuore come quel dì E tu sai, bimba mia che impazzivo soltanto per te Impazzivo per te Soltanto per te Impazzivo per te... Impazzio per te © 1960 Lyrics: Miki Del Prete; Music: Ezio Leoni, Adriano Celentano "Impazzivo per te" was one of the songs in the 1960 film Urlatori alla sbarra (literally, Howlers on the Witness Stand, but known in English as Howlers in the Dock). The film also starred Elke Sommer and Chet Baker and was part of the musicarello sub-genre, which targeted youth audiences with songs by young singers. |
Never ever ever more will I love you so much for a lifetime. Never ever ever more will I know how to give you my heart like that day. And you know, my little girl, that I went crazy only for you. Never ever ever more will I be able to caress you, sweet little girl of mine. Never ever ever more will you hear sweet phrases of love like before, and you’ll have to forever forget a love like that. I was crazy for you, you were crazy for me. But sadly I knew that you weren’t for me from that day that you betrayed me so, because you’re heartless and you made me suffer. Never ever ever more will I love you so much for a lifetime. Never ever ever more will I know how to give you my heart like that day. And you know, little girl of mine, that I went crazy only for you. I went crazy for you, only for you. I went crazy for you . . . English translation © 2021 Dennis Criteser Furore was Celentano's second album, released at the end of 1960 just before he went into military service. The album is mostly a collection of previously released singles, with arrangements and backing again by Giulio Libano and his orchestra. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
