Friday, June 7, 2019

Ti clonerò - I'll Clone You

Basta una briciola del bene
che ti voglio per sfamarti,
Con le dita vorrei pettinarti,
Vorrei legarti ad un granello di sabbia
come Fidenco, innamorato di te perché
non ho niente da fare come Tenco,
Sai che mi piace il fiato delle tue narici,
Quando addosso mi cuci dolci baci come cicatrici,
Quando mi dici che sei felice,
sei la mia musa ispiratrice,
Io Dante, tu Beatrice,
Attrice che recita il copione alla perfezione,
Tu mi tiri più su del caffé
a colazione ma dannazione,
A volte sei distante come il Sole da Plutone,
Sei un’allucinazione,
l’ossessione di ogni mio neurone,
Se non ti ho vicino cado nella depressione,
Mi accontenterei di te pure se fossi un clone,
Anzi mi sa che questa qua è la soluzione.

Ti clonerò,
Ti clonerò
perché so che così ti avrò tutta per me,
Sarai l’esatta copia baby
E so che in un momento
condividerai quello che sento.
Ti clonerò,
Ti clonerò
perché so che così ti avrò tutta per me,
Sarai l’esatta copia fatta apposta per me,
L’esatta copia baby,
che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Ti clonerò perché so che così vivrò.
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Ti clonerò perché so che così vivrò.

Lasciati clonare mia adorata,
Se tu fossi una scheda telefonica
ti avrei collezionata,
Come originale o come copia pirata suoni bene
E che concerti quando stiamo insieme!
So che sei d’accordo, lo vedo da come ti gusta,
Stare incollata a me tipo ragno alla locusta,
Lo faccio apposta a torturarti
senza sosta dolce amante,
De Sade al mio confronto è un dilettante,
Di donne ne ho viste tante
ma tu sei la più importante
E tipo Zarrillo, cara farfalla, sono il tuo elefante.
Ti aspetto in piedi manco fossi Santa Klaus,
Insieme stiamo bene come Minnie e Mickey Mouse.
Sono malato e non mi guarirà una pillola,
Sogno la tua cellula che come una libellula
Si posa su di me dato che voglio averti,
Avevo gli occhi chiusi, la scienza me li ha aperti, perciò.

Ti clonerò,
Ti clonerò
perché so che così ti avrò tutta per me,
Sarai l’esatta copia baby
E so che in un momento
condividerai quello che sento.
Ti clonerò,
Ti clonerò
perché so che così ti avrò tutta per me,
Sarai l’esatta copia fatta apposta per me,
L’esatta copia baby,
che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Ti clonerò perché so che così vivrò.
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Che tu lo voglia o no ti clonerò
Ti clonerò perché so che così vivrò.

Ti clonerò © 2000 Caparezza

In "Ti clonerò," Caparezza criticizes music piracy - the illegal downloading of songs - creating a sort of mad scientist who wants to clone his lover. A couple of references: 1) Nico Fidenco's signature song is "Legata a un granello di sabia" (Tethered to a Grain of Sand), which was the first million-selling single in Italy; 2) The lyrics of a Luigi Tenco song are "I fell in love with you because I had nothing to do"; 3) One of Michele Zarrillo's hits was "L'elefante e la farfalla" (The Elephant and the Butterfly).

It’s enough, a crumb of good,
that I want for feeding you.
With my fingers I’d like to comb you,
I’d like to tether you to a grain of sand,
like Fidenco, in love with you because
I don’t have anything to do, like Tenco.
You know I like the breath from your nostrils,
when you sew sweet kisses on me like scars.
When you tell me that you’re happy,
you’re my inspirational muse,
me Dante, you Beatrice,
actress who recites the script perfectly.
You pick me up more than coffee
at breakfast but damnation,
sometimes you’re as distant as the Sun from Pluto.
You’re a hallucination,
the obsession of every one of my neurons.
If I don’t have you near I fall into a depression.
You’d satisfy me even if you were a clone,
in fact I think this here is the solution.

I’ll clone you,
I’ll clone you
because I know that then I’ll have you all for me.
You’ll be the exact copy, baby,
and I know that in one moment
you will share what I feel.
I’ll clone you,
I’ll clone you
because I know that then I’ll have you all for me,
you’ll be the exact copy made just for me.
The exact copy, baby,
and want it or not, I’ll clone you.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
I’ll clone you because I know that then I will live.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
I’ll clone you because I know that then I will live.

Let me clone you, my darling.
If you were a phone card
I would have collected you.
As original or as a bootleg copy you sound great,
and what concerts when we’re together!
I know you agree, I see it by how you enjoy it,
staying glued to me like a spider to a locust.
I do it precisely to torture you
without a break, sweet love -
De Sade compared to me is an amateur.
Women, I’ve seen so many of them,
but you are the most important.
And like Zarrillo, sweet butterfly, I’m your elephant.
I wait for you on my feet like you're Santa Claus.
We are good together like Minnie and Mickey Mouse.
I am sick and a pill won’t cure me.
I dream your cell that, like a dragonfly,
lands on me, given that I want to have you.
My eyes were closed, science opened them, therefore,

I’ll clone you,
I’ll clone you
because I know that then I’ll have you all for me.
You’ll be the exact copy, baby,
and I know that in one moment
you will share what I feel.
I’ll clone you,
I’ll clone you
because I know that then I’ll have you all for me,
you’ll be the exact copy made just for me.
The exact copy, baby,
and want it or not, I’ll clone you.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
I’ll clone you because I know that then I will live.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
Want it or not, I’ll clone you.
I’ll clone you because I know that then I will live.

English translation © 2017 Dennis Criteser


Michele Salvemini began his musical career in 1995 as Mikimix, trying unsuccessfully to break into Italy's pop mainstream as a rap artist. From 1998 to 2000 he reworked his image and his music at home in his garage, and ?! presented the fruits of his labors, unveiled under his new nome d'arte - Caparezza, which means "curly head" in his local Molfetta dialect.