Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Mi è impossible - It's Impossible For Me

Tu sei il mio viaggio mistico
Il mio drastico bunjin jumping senza elastico
Ricorrente come un onomastico
Mi tranquillizzi più della gomma che mastico
Ti scopro e ti ammiro come in un giro turistico
Mi lasci a bocca aperta come uno studio dentistico
Quando ti metti a nudo tipo rito orgiastico
Perso nel mondo fantastico del tuo volto artistico
Fammi un cenno e vengo, sono il tuo domestico
Con te che sei la mia passione
Con te Adriana sono il tuo Stallone
Con te mi trovo bene come in un macchinone
Me ne devo fare una ragione
Con te riesco ad essere cafone
Con te, sì, con te per la precisione
Con te il mio legame non assume forma di prigione
None, none, none

Per questo penso che vivere senza te
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile
Per questo penso che vivere senza te
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile

La mia vita senza te-tto, senza tegole
Letto che non mi addormenta
Mentalmente la voglia aumenta lenta
Zero luce spenta
perché mi spaventa la tua assenza, pazienza
La mia lady levita, Capa la merita
La verità è che nei ritagli di tempo, non c'è scampo
Compongo versi con la rosa in bocca tipo tango
Io senza te uguale WWF senza panda
Dylan senza Brenda
Campeggio senza tenda
Vita orrenda come Mariangela Fantozzi
Gloria cantata da chiunque tranne Tozzi
Yathzee senza dadi
Pooh senza Dodi Battaglia
La Puglia senza il Salento
Un Casinò senza l'accento
Una banderuola senza vento
Un microfono spento

Per questo penso che vivere senza te
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile
Per questo penso che vivere senza te
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile

Mi ritengo succube di te che
Non badi al limite del mio bicipite
So che precipiterei
se non condividessi questi giorni miei
I don't wanna play with you
Anche se sono più ingestibile di un pitbull
Ci metterò tutta la forza di Grayskull
In me meglio di He man perché
Sei la mia Shee-la baby, discorso fila...

Per questo penso che vivere senza te
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile
Per questo penso che vivere senza te
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile

Anche quando te ne vai
Anche quando non ci sei
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile

Per questo penso che vivere senza te
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile
Per questo penso che vivere senza te
Mi è impossibile
Mi è impossibile

Me è impossibile © 2000 Caparezza

"Mi è impossibile" is Caparezza's love song to his art form - Music. One note: "casinò: means a gambling casino, while the word "casino" is used in a phrase meaning to make a mess or screw something up.

You’re my mystic voyage,
my drastic bungee-jumping without a cord,
recurring like a name day.
You calm me down more than chewing gum.
I discover you and admire you like in a sightseeing tour.
You leave me open-mouthed like a dental practice
when you get naked like for an orgiastic rite.
Lost I am in the fantastic world of your artistic aspect.
Give me a sign and I’ll come, I’m your domestic.
With you who are my passion,
with you Adriana I am your Stallone,
I feel at ease with you like in a fancy car.
I just have to deal with it,
with you I manage to be boorish,
with you, yes, with you, to be precise,
with you my relationship doesn’t take the form of prison,
NO, NO, NO.

That’s why I think living without you
is impossible for me,
it’s impossible for me.
That’s why I think living without you
is impossible for me,
it’s impossible for me.

My life without you-roof, without tiles,
bed that doesn’t put me to sleep,
mentally the desire increases slowly,
zero lights extinguished
because I fear your absence, patience.
My lady levitates, Capa deserves her.
The truth is that in the spare moments, there’s no escape,
I compose verses with a rose in my mouth tango-style.
Me without you equals WWF without panda,
Dylan without Brenda (Beverly Hills 90210),
camping without a tent,
a horrible life like Mariangela Fantozzi,
Gloria sung by anyone but Tozzi,
Yachtzee without dice,
The Pooh without Dodi Battaglia,
Apulia without Salento,
Casinò without the accent,
a weather vane with no wind,
a microphone turned off.

That’s why I think living without you
is impossible for me,
it’s impossible for me.
That’s why I think living without you
is impossible for me,
it’s impossible for me.

I consider myself dominated by you who
cares nothing for the limits of my biceps.
I know I would crash
if you didn’t share these days of mine.
I don’t wanna play with you
even if I’m more unmanageable than a pit bull.
I’ll put all the force of Grayskull
into myself, better than He-Man because
you are my She-la baby, the logic follows . . .

That’s why I think living without you
is impossible for me,
it’s impossible for me.
That’s why I think living without you
is impossible for me,
it’s impossible for me.

Even when you go away,
even when you’re not there,
it’s impossible for me.
It’s impossible for me.

That’s why I think living without you
is impossible for me,
it’s impossible for me.
That’s why I think living without you
is impossible for me,
it’s impossible for me.

English translation © 2017 Dennis Criteser


Michele Salvemini began his musical career in 1995 as Mikimix, trying unsuccessfully to break into Italy's pop mainstream as a rap artist. From 1998 to 2000 he reworked his image and his music at home in his garage, and ?! presented the fruits of his labors, unveiled under his new nome d'arte - Caparezza, which means "curly head" in his local Molfetta dialect.