|
Da solo Lungo l'autostrada Alle prime luci del mattino A volte spengo anche la radio E lascio il mio cuore incollato al finestrino Lo so del mondo e anche del resto Lo so che tutto va in rovina Ma di mattina Quando la gente dorme Col suo normale malumore Mi può bastare un niente Forse un piccolo bagliore Un'aria già vissuta Un paesaggio o che ne so E sto bene Io sto bene come uno che si sogna Non lo so se mi conviene Ma sto bene, che vergogna Io sto bene Proprio ora, proprio qui Non è mica colpa mia Se mi capita così È come un'illogica allegria Di cui non so il motivo Non so che cosa sia È come se improvvisamente Mi fossi preso il diritto Di vivere il presente Io sto bene Questa illogica allegria Proprio ora, proprio qui Da solo Lungo l'autostrada Alle prime luci del mattino © 1980 - Giorgio Gaber (music, lyrics) and Sandro Luporini (lyrics) |
Alone by the highway at the first lights of morning, sometimes I turn off even the radio and I leave my heart glued to the window. I know about the world, and moreover I know that everything goes to ruin. But in the morning when people are sleeping, with their usual bad moods, it’s enough for me, a nothing, perhaps a little glow, an atmosphere already experienced, a landscape, or whatever. And I’m fine, I am fine, like someone when he dreams. I don’t know if it suits me, but I’m fine, how shameful. I am fine, right now, right here. It’s not really my fault if it happens to me this way. It’s like an illogical joy for which I don’t know the reason, I don’t know what it might be. It’s as if suddenly I’d taken hold of the right to live in the present. I am fine, this illogical joy, right now, right here. Alone by the highway at the first lights of morning. English translation © 2024 Dennis Criteser Pressione bassa (Low Pressure) was recorded in the studio in 1979 and released in 1980. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
