|
Le strade di notte Mi sembrano più grandi E anche un poco più tristi È perché non c’è in giro nessuno Anche i miei pensieri di notte Mi sembrano più grandi E forse un poco più tristi È perché non c’è in giro nessuno Voglio correre a casa, voglio correre da te E dirti che ti amo che ho bisogno di te Speriamo che tu non dorma già Mi spiacerebbe svegliarti È perché non c’è in giro nessuno Voglio correre a casa, voglio correre da te E dirti che ti amo che ho bisogno di te Speriamo che tu non dorma già Mi spiacerebbe svegliarti © 1961 - Giorgio Gaber |
The streets of night seem bigger to me, and also a little sadder. It’s because no one’s around. Even my thoughts at night seem bigger to me and maybe a little sadder It’s because no one’s around. I want to run home, I want to run to you and tell you I love you, that I need you. Let’s hope that you’re not sleeping already, I’d hate to wake you up. It’s because no one’s around. I want to run home, I want to run to you and tell you I love you, that I need you. Let’s hope that you’re not sleeping already, I’d hate to wake you up. English translation © 2024 Dennis Criteser "Non arrossire" was released as a single in 1961 and included on Gaber's first album in 1961, a collection of previously released singles and new tracks. Gigliola Cinquetti covered the song in 1963, winning the Castrocaro Music Festival and launching her career with it. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
