|
Così stanco da non dormire Le due di notte e non c’è niente da fare Mi piace tanto poterti toccare O stare fermo e sentirti respirare Dormi già, pelle bianca Come sarà la mia faccia stanca Provo a girare il mio cuscino È una scusa per venirti più vicino Provo a svegliarti con un po' di tosse Ma tu ti giri come se niente fosse Spengo la luce, provo a dormire Ma tu con la mano mi vieni a cercare Tu come me Tu come me Che le stelle della notte fossero ai tuoi piedi Che potessi essere meglio di quello che vedi Avessi qualcosa da regalarti E se non ti avessi, uscirei fuori a comprarti Stella di mare tra le lenzuola La nostra barca non naviga, vola, vola, vola! Tu voli con me Tu voli con me Tu vola che si è alzato il vento Vento di notte, vento che stanca Stella di mare, come sei bella Come sei bella e come è bella la tua pelle bianca, bianca, bianca Tu come me Tu come me Tu come me Tu come me Chiudi gli occhi e non guardarti intorno Sta già entrando la luce del giorno Chiudi gli occhi e non farti trovare Pelle bianca di luna, devi scappare Dormi ora, stella mia Prima che il giorno ti porti via, via via!... Tu come me Tu come me Ora non voli, si è fermato il vento Posso guardare la tua faccia stanca E quando dormi come sei bella Come sei bella e come è bella la tua pelle bianca, bianca, bianca! Tu come me Tu come me Tu come me Tu come me Tu come me... Stella di mare © 1978 Lucio Dalla |
So tired I can’t sleep. The two at night and there’s nothing to do. I like so much to be able to touch you, or to stay still and listen to you breathe. You’re sleeping already, skin pale as my tired face will be. I try to turn my pillow, it’s an excuse to come closer to you. I try to wake you with a little cough but you turn as if there were nothing. I turn off the light, I try to sleep, but you with your hand come to find me. You, like me You, like me That the stars of the night were at your feet, that I could be better than what you see and have something to give you. And if I didn’t have you, I’d go out to buy you. Starfish between the sheets our ship doesn’t sail, it flies, it flies, it flies! You fly like me You fly like me Fly so the wind gets up, night wind, wind that tires. Starfish, how beautiful you are, how beautiful you are and how beautiful is your skin, pale, pale, pale. You, like me You, like me You, like me You, like me Close your eyes and don’t look around you, the light of day is already entering. Close your eyes and don’t let me find you. Pale skin of the moon, you must escape. Sleep now, my star, before the day carries you away, away, away! You, like me You, like me Now you’re not flying, the wind has stopped. I can watch your tired face and when you sleep how beautiful you are. How beautiful you are and how beautiful is your skin, pale, pale, pale! You, like me You, like me You, like me You, like me You, like me . . . English translation © 2020 Dennis Criteser Lucio Dalla is Dalla's eigthth album, released in 1979. It met with great critical and popular success. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
