|
Che cosa c'è C'è che mi sono innamorato di te C'è che ora non mi importa niente Di tutta l'altra gente Di tutta quella gente che non sei tu Che cosa c'è C'è che mi sono innamorato di te C'è che ti voglio tanto bene Che il mondo mi appartiene Il mondo mio, che è fatto solo di te Come ti amo Non posso spiegarti Non so cosa sento per te Ma se tu mi guardi Negli occhi un momento Puoi capire anche da te Che cosa c'è C'è che mi sono innamorato di te C'è che io ora vivo bene Se solo stiamo insieme Se solo ti ho vicino Ecco che c'è Che cosa c'è © 1963, Gino Paoli |
What is there? There’s that I’m in love with you, there’s that now nothing matters to me of all the other people, of all the other people who aren’t you. What is there? There’s that I’m in love with you, there’s that I love you so much that the world belongs to me, my world, which is made only of you. How I love you I can’t explain to you. I don’t know what I feel for you, but if you look me in the eyes for a moment, you can understand as well. What is there? There’s that I’m in love with you, there’s that now I live well only if we’re together, only if I have you nearby – that’s what there is. English translation © 2023 Dennis Criteser "Che cosa c'è" was released as a single in 1963 and then included on Paoli's third album Basta chiudere gli occhi in 1964. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
