|
Canzone de sto core appassionato Che sospiri pe' lei tutte le pene Faje senti' cor canto delicato Sta fiamma che me brucia nelle vene Di che pe' lei sortanto Io smanio soffro e canto Nell'aria dorce e tenera Assieme cor profumo d'ogni fiore Porta 'na nota limpida Co' l'eco de sto core Che dice co' 'na voce d'incantesimo Amore, amore, amore Chitara che m'accordi in Fa minore Mentre la notte è limpida e stellata Fa che quest'eco che sussurra amore Lo senta pure lei la mejo fata Che dorme fra l'incanto Mentre sospiro e canto Nell'aria dorce e tenera Assieme cor profumo d'ogni fiore Porta 'na nota limpida Co' l'eco de sto core Che dice co' 'na voce d'incantesimo Amore, amore, amore Barcarolo romano - 1926 Oberdan Pedrini and Romolo Balzani "L'eco der core" is one of Romolo Balzani's first songs, which like "Barcarolo romano" became a standard in the canzone romana tradition. |
Song of this impassioned heart that sighs for her all the suffering, make her feel with delicate singing this flame that burns in my veins. Say that for her only I hunger, I suffer, I sing. In the sweet and tender air together with the smell of every flower is carried a limpid note with the echo of this heart that says with a voice of enchantment, "Love, love, love." Guitar that accompanies me in F minor while the night is clear and starry, make this echo that whispers love be heard by her, the finest fairy, who sleeps in the spell while I sigh and sing. In the sweet and tender air together with the smell of every flower is carried a limpid note with the echo of this heart that says with a voice of enchantment, "Love, love, love." English translation © 2020 Dennis Criteser Gabriella Ferri was released in 1966, Ferri's first album as a solo artist. About half of the songs are classics from the canzone romana tradition, and the other half were written by Ferri. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
