Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Stango e sbronzo - Tired and Wasted

Cameriere! Portami da bere
ancora un bicchiere di Franciacorta
Che ho da mettere alla porta,
un'altra storia andata storta
Stavolta l'amata è morta,
sepolta e dannata
Brindo a momenti piangenti
come salici in calici d'annata
Mica con uva annacquata, Bacco
Guida tu questo insano caduto
per mano di femmina, insisto
Giacché il meteo ha previsto
banchi di nebbia sulla mia retina
Qui si brinda e non si lesina
Anche se si da un'immagine pessima di se stessi
Dopo l'ennesima sorsata assimilata per te

Eh, ubriaca è la mia vista la, la, la
Eh, ubriaco sono io
Eh, ubriaca è la mia vista la, la, la
Eh, ubriaco sono io

Tant'è vero che vedo gente che apprezza
E gente che no
perchè avvezza a tirare di scherno
Nella rete di un teleschermo
Appeso alla parete, come il padre eterno
In questo inferno c'è chi
tenta di riunire la famiglia
E invece si mette in bella vista
vestita da uno stilista
Nel programma in cui ci si accapiglia
Garçon! Altra bottiglia
che sta roba piglia ad acido
Ora vedo sulla mia epidermide
vermi che non vedrei se fossi lucido
Politici che giocano agli attori
Ragazzi, che per lavoro c'hanno i genitori
Uè, sono diventati tutti pazzi, li han convinti
che saranno tutti imprenditori, ah

Eh, ubriaca è la mia vista la, la, la
Eh, ubriaco sono io
Eh, ubriaca è la mia vista la, la, la
Eh, ubriaco sono io (Ubriaco sono io)

Ecco, arriva l'orco cattivo giulivo e suadente
Un fiero menzognero che sa dire
solo ciò che vuol sentire la gente
Io non lo tocco il suo saio,
sono un sorcio sordo al pifferaio
Oltretutto non sono più sveglio
e poi più tracanno coppe
più m'inguaio
Il vino fa brutti scherzi
ma lo bevo per conto terzi e subisco
È già mattina e la puntina è vicina
alla fine del disco
Me ne infischio, un altro fiasco
e mi addormenterò tranquillo
E al mio risveglio so che non vedrò
ciò che ho veduto essendo brillo, per te

Eh, ubriaca è la mia vista la, la, la
Eh, ubriaco sono io
Eh, ubriaca è la mia vista la, la, la
Eh, ubriaco sono io

Stango e sbronzo © 2003 Caparezza

The liner notes of "Stango e sbronzo" say that it's "the delirium of a drunkard who sees things that don't exist. Presumably."

Waiter! Bring me to drink
another glass of Franciacorta
that I have to throw out the door,
another story gone wrong.
This time the beloved is dead,
buried and damned.
Here’s to weeping moments,
like willows in vintage goblets
not at all with watered-down grape, Bacchus.
You are the one driving this insane fall
at the hands of a female, I insist,
given that the weather report forecast
banks of fog over my retina.
Here you toast and don’t skimp,
even if it gives a terrible impression of yourselves
after the umpteenth swig absorbed for you.

Eh, drunk is my vision la la la.
Eh, drunk am I.
Eh, drunk is my vision la la la.
Eh, drunk am I.

So much so that I see people who appreciate
and people who don’t,
because they’re used to throwing out ridicule
in the network of a telescreen.
Leaned against the wall, like the eternal father,
in this inferno there are those who
try to reunite the family
and instead are put in plain sight,
dressed as a stylist,
in the program in which they fight about it.
Garçon! Another bottle
‘cause this stuff is turning to acid.
Now I see on my epidermis
worms that I wouldn’t see if I were lucid.
Politicians who play to the actors,
youngsters who for work have their parents.
Wah, they all went crazy, convinced them
that they were all entrepreneurs, ah.

Eh, drunk is my vision la la la.
Eh, drunk am I.
Eh, drunk is my vision la la la.
Eh, drunk am I (drunk am I).

Look, the bad ogre arrives joyful and persuasive,
a proud liar who knows how to say
only what people want to hear.
I don’t touch his habit,
I’m a deaf sorcerer on the pipes,
and what’s more I’m no longer awake.
And then the more I guzzle glasses
the more I get myself into trouble.
Wine pulls ugly pranks,
but I drink it on behalf of others and I suffer.
It’s already morning and the stylus is near
to the end of the record.
I couldn’t care less, another fiasco
and I’ll fall asleep tranquil,
and upon awaking I know that I won’t see
what I saw being buzzed, for you.

Eh, drunk is my vision la la la.
Eh, drunk am I.
Eh, drunk is my vision la la la.
Eh, drunk am I.

English translation © 2021 Dennis Criteser


Verità Supposte (Supposed Truths, but also could be Truth Suppositories) was released in 2003. It was chosen by Rolling Stone in its 2012 issue #28 on the list of 100 best Italian albums of all time and had solid chart success.