Sunday, December 9, 2018

Rosita

Le paludi le rose i caffè l'amore le cose
Le vetrine i vestiti di raso e un nuovo motore
E Daniela stasera mi aspetta nell'ascensore
I quattrini la speranza d'averne,
far crepare d'invidia
Il lavoro è a casa da lei la carriera sicura
Poi la sera ritornare se stessi pensare pensare

Ieri ho incontrato Rosita
perciò questa vita valore non ha
Come era bella Rosita di bianco vestita
più bella che mai

Le paludi le rose i caffè Gesù tra i bambini
Un bicchiere il fumo distorto e un nuovo motore
Con un altra farei chissà che con Daniela l'amore

Ieri ho incontrato Rosita
perciò questa vita valore non ha
Come era bella Rosita di bianco vestita
più bella che mai
Ieri ho incontrato Rosita
perciò questa vita valore non ha
Come era bella Rosita di bianco vestita
più bella che mai
Ieri ho incontrato Rosita
perciò questa vita valore non ha
Come era bella Rosita di bianco vestita
più bella che mai

Rosita © 1976 Rino Gaetano




The marshes, the roses, the cafés, love, the things,
shop windows, satin clothes and a new engine,
and Daniela tonight waits for me in the elevator.
Money, the hope of having some,
to make someone die of envy.
The work is at home at her place, the career secure.
Then at night returning, herself, thinking, thinking.

Yesterday I met Rosita,
and so this life has no value.
How beautiful Rosita was dressed in white,
more beautiful than ever.

The marshes, the roses, the cafés, Jesus among the children,
a glass, twisted smoke, and a new engine.
With another I would do who knows what, with Daniela, love.

Yesterday I met Rosita,
and so this life has no value.
How beautiful Rosita was dressed in white,
more beautiful than ever.
Yesterday I met Rosita,
and so this life has no value.
How beautiful Rosita was dressed in white,
more beautiful than ever.
Yesterday I met Rosita,
and so this life has no value.
How beautiful Rosita was dressed in white,
more beautiful than ever.

English translation © 2023 Dennis Criteser


Mio fratello è figlio unico (My Brother Is an Only Child) was Gaetano's second album, released in 1976. The magazine Rolling Stone Italia lists it as the 14th finest Italian album of all time.