|
Ora che non son più innamorato Ora che non sei più innamorata Ora che non ho più quelle emozioni Che non corro più a casa per svegliarti Nel pieno della notte Ora che tutto si svolge di mattina Quando a letto mi porti contro voglia Un po’ di caffellatte Gli occhi gonfi e stanchi, lunghe e faticose discussioni Forse niente di sincero Sempre mezza nuda, senza più pudore Senza più nessun mistero Com’è tutto più giusto, com’è tutto più vero Come ha più senso, come ha più valore questo nostro... Ora che non c’è niente da scoprire Non abbiamo nemmeno una gran voglia Di fare l’amore Ora che ho quasi un senso di fastidio Se sento le tue braccia, le tue gambe Se ti sento respirare E quando sei ammalata con la fronte calda, ti lamenti Sì per farti compatire Mi alzo un po’ assonnato, cerco un’aspirina, ti accarezzo Fingo di soffrire Com’è tutto più giusto, com’è tutto più vero Come ha più senso, come ha più valore questo nostro... Ora che noi ci siamo anche traditi E che sono successe tante cose Che non potevo immaginare Quanto abbiamo sofferto e faticato Per arrivare a capire che domani Ci potremmo anche lasciare Quanta resistenza e quanta esagerata insofferenza Qualche volta anche per niente E questa strana unione che ogni giorno si trasforma lentamente Com’è tutto più giusto, com’è tutto più vero Come ha più senso, come ha più valore questo nostro... © 1971 - Giorgio Gaber (music, lyrics) and Sandro Luporini (lyrics) |
Now that I’m no longer in love, now that I’m no longer in love, now that I no longer have those emotions, that I no longer run home to wake you up in the middle of the night, now that everything happens in the morning when you carry me to bed unwillingly, a little bit of latte, my eyes puffed and tired, long and tiring discussions, maybe nothing sincere, always half-naked, with no more modesty, without any more mystery. How is everything fairer, how is everything truer, how does it make more sense, how is it worth more this our... Now that there’s nothing to discover, we don’t even have a great desire to make love. Now that I have almost a sense of annoyance if I feel your arms, your legs, if I hear you breathe, and when you are sick with a temperature, you complain, yes, to get some sympathy. I get up a little drowsy, look for an aspirin, hug you, I pretend to suffer. How is everything fairer, how is everything truer, how does it make more sense, how is it worth more this our... Now that we’ve betrayed each other and that so many things have happened, that I can’t imagine how much we have suffered and struggled to arrive at understanding that tomorrow we can even leave, such resistance and such exaggerated impatience, sometimes even for nothing, and this strange union that every day transforms itself slowly. How is everything fairer, how is everything truer, how does it make more sense, how is it worth more this our... English translation © 2024 Dennis Criteser I borghesi (The Bourgeoisie) is a studio recording released in December, 1971. It includes songs that were presented in Gaber's second annual theatrical tour in 1972. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
