|
Sono stanco, non mi sento mai bene, tutte le mattine è sempre così. Raccolgo la mia roba piano. I soliti gesti Le pieghe irregolari del colletto lasciano ombre disegnate e nitide la cravatta un po' sgualcita e logora trattiene a stento i suoi colori che si allargano che si espandono dopo giorni dopo mesi dopo anni sempre gli stessi stanchi inutili fastidiosi stampati nella memoria. Non so neanche perché perché mi sento male La bocca impastata e grigia non ho voglia di niente neanche di mangiare una mano si muove piano con gesto normale abituale un bottone un bottone si sta per staccare Amore un amore forse amore un amore forse qualcosa che mi faccia ritrovare qualcosa che mi faccia risentire come se un amore come amore un amore le mie parole come pesciolini rossi me le vedo intorno e poi piano piano in questa atmosfera di confusione c’è un’intenzione evasione evasione evasione evasione evasione evasione evasione Scusa cara scusa, non è che non ti voglio più bene, no, non è che sto male con te. Ma vedi, è difficile da spiegare, è come se avessi il bisogno di tornare, no più giovane, lo so è ridicolo. Il bisogno di andarmene verso qualcosa, verso la vita insomma. Poi magari sbaglio tutto, ma vedi ora con lei, con lei Io sono rinato io mi vesto in fretta corro verso il mare aperto Io non ho più freddo io mi sento vivo mi sento felice io sono un bambino sono un altro uomo un uomo diverso che non sta mai male un bellissimo animale ho voglia di bere ho voglia di mangiare non ho più problemi non ho più paura sono innamorato Innamorato del mondo innamorato della vita innamorato dell'amore innamorato innamorato Scusa cara ci sono dei momenti vien voglia di andar via non sai che cosa vuoi Vedi cara se adesso sono qui non è per rinunciare ma ho voglia di restare amore il tuo amore forse © 1971 - Giorgio Gaber (music, lyrics) and Sandro Luporini (lyrics) |
I’m tired, I don’t ever feel well, every morning it’s always this way. I gather my stuff slowly. The usual gestures. The irregular folds of the collar leave sharp, drawn shadows, the tie a little wrinkled and worn barely holds onto its colors which enlarge, which expand, after days, after months, after years, always the same tired, useless annoyances printed in the memory. I don’t even know why, why I feel bad. The mouth pale and grey, I don’t want anything, not even to eat. A hand moves slowly with normal, habitual gesture, a button, a button is getting unbuttoned. Love, a love, perhaps, love, a love, perhaps, something that makes me rediscover, something that makes me feel again, as if a love like love, a love, my words like goldfish I see them around and then slowly, slowly in this atmosphere of confusion there’s an intention, escape escape escape escape escape escape escape Excuse me dear, excuse me, it’s not that I don’t love you, no, it’s not that I’m sick of you. But look, it’s difficult to explain, it’s as if I need to return, not younger, I know it’s ridiculous. The need to go towards something, towards life in short. Then maybe I mess up everything, but you see now with her, with her I’m reborn, I dress myself in a hurry, I run towards the open sea, I’m not cold anymore, I feel alive I feel happy, I’m a boy, I’m some other man. A different man who never feels sick, a most beautiful animal, I want to drink, I want to eat, I no longer have problems, I’m no longer afraid, I’m in love, in love with the world in love with life, in love with love, in love in love Excuse me dear, there are some moments comes the desire to leave, you don’t know what you want. You see, dear, if now I am here, it’s not to give up, but I want to stay, love, your love, perhaps. English translation © 2024 Dennis Criteser I borghesi (The Bourgeoisie) is a studio recording released in December, 1971. It includes songs that were presented in Gaber's second annual theatrical tour in 1972. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
