|
Due donne, due donne, due donne Da quando sei sposata non è più come prima, ti trovo un po' cambiata l'amore ti rovina Due donne Due donne insieme nel bagno quanti consigli si danno Due donne Due donne si scambian le creme, forse si vogliono bene Due donne Due donne, una donna si specchia sa di non essere vecchia Due donne Due donne si guardano i seni coi loro dolci problemi Da quando sei sposata tra noi tutto è finito, davvero sei cambiata e poi c'è tuo marito Due donne, due donne, due donne © 1971 - Giorgio Gaber (music, lyrics) and Sandro Luporini (lyrics) |
Two women, two women, two women. Ever since you got married it’s not like it was before. I find you a little changed, love has ruined you. Two women, two women together in the bathroom, how much advice they give each other. Two women, two women exchange creams, maybe they love each other. Two women, two women, one is reflected, she knows she’s not old. Two women, two women look at each other’s breasts, with their sweet problems. Ever since you got married, between us everything is over. Truly, you are changed and then there’s your husband. Two women, two women, two women. English translation © 2024 Dennis Criteser I borghesi (The Bourgeoisie) is a studio recording released in December, 1971. It includes songs that were presented in Gaber's second annual theatrical tour in 1972. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
