|
Non sono un vuoto a perdere Né uno sporco impossibile Né un marchio registrato Né un prodotto di mercato Non sono un punto fermo Né una realtà di base Né un dato di fatto Né un dato per perso Ho un codice segreto Ho un codice cifrato Io cerco centri di gravità permanenti Non sono una pratica evasa Non sono una vertenza chiusa Non sono un vicolo cieco Un pozzo senza fondo Sono come tu mi vuoi Sono come tu mi vuoi Sono come tu mi vuoi Sono come tu mi vuoi Sono come tu mi vuoi Sono come tu mi vuoi Io sono un vuoto a perdere Uno sporco impossibile Un marchio registrato Un prodotto di mercato Io sono un punto fermo Una realtà di base Un dato di fatto Un dato per perso Non ho codici segreti ne' codici cifrati Non cerco centri di gravita' permanenti Io sono una pratica evasa Io sono una vertenza chiusa Io sono un vicolo cieco Un pozzo senza fondo Non sono come tu mi vuoi Non sono come tu mi vuoi Non sono come tu mi vuoi Non sono come tu mi vuoi Non sono come tu mi vuoi Non sono come tu mi vuoi Non sono come tu mi vuoi Non sono come tu mi vuoi Non sono come tu mi vuoi Sono come tu mi vuoi © 1985 CCCP In a 1985 interview, guitarist Massimo Zamboni said of "Sono come tu mi vuoi," "We are interested in arguing, provoking, contradicting, because we are made that way, there's nothing to do about it. There are songs, for example 'Sono come tu mi vuoi': the first half of the song says one thing, the seond half the exact opposite. We like to think of Giovanni as a muezzin, like one who declaims more than sings, because everyone is capable of singing, singing as a form doesn't interest us, even though he is quite goo. We are interested that he uses his voice in that manner." |
I’m not a disposable package nor impossible grime nor a registered trademark nor an off-the-shelf product. I’m not a fixed point nor a basic reality nor a matter of fact nor given up as lost I have a secret code I have an encrypted code I search for permanent centers of gravity I’m not a processed request I’m not a closed case I’m not a dead end a bottomless pit I am as you want me I am as you want me I am as you want me I am as you want me I am as you want me I am as you want me I’m a disposable package an impossible grime a registered trademark an off-the-shelf product I’m a fixed point a basic reality a matter of fact given up as lost I have neither secret codes nor encrypted codes I don’t search for permanent centers of gravity I am a processed request I am a closed case I am a dead end a bottomless pit I am not as you want me I am not as you want me I am not as you want me I am not as you want me I am not as you want me I am not as you want me I am not as you want me I am not as you want me I am not as you want me English translation © 2025 Dennis Criteser Compagni, Cittadini, Fratelli, Partigiani (Comrades, Citizens, Brothers, Partisans) was CCCP's third EP, released in 1985 on the Attack Punk Records label. The title of the EP reprises the first line of a 1960 Fausto Amodei song, "Per i morti di Reggio Emilio" (For the Dead of Reggio Emilio), dedicated to protesters killed by police in Reggio Emilio during protests against the Tambroni government. (The founders of CCCP both hailed from Reggio Emilio.) The cover photo shows two soldiers in the sculpture the Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad in Victory Square in St. Petersburg. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
