|
È una questione di qualità, è una questione di qualità, è una questione di qualità O una formalità, non ricordo più bene, una formalità È una questione di qualità, è una questione di qualità, è una questione di qualità O una formalità, non ricordo più bene, una formalità Come decidere di tagliarsi i capelli Di eliminare il caffè o le sigarette Di farla finita con qualcuno o qualcosa Una formalità, una formalità, una formalità O una questione di qualità Io sto bene, io sto male, io non so dove stare Io sto bene, io sto male, io non so cosa fare Non studio, non lavoro, non guardo la TV Non vado al cinema, non faccio sport Non studio, non lavoro, non guardo la TV Non vado al cinema, non faccio sport È una questione di qualità, è una questione di qualità, è una questione di qualità O una formalità, non ricordo più bene, una formalità Come decidere di tagliarsi i capelli Di eliminare il caffè o le sigarette Di farla finita con qualcuno o qualcosa Una formalità, una formalità, una formalità O una questione di qualità Io sto bene, io sto male, io sto bene, io sto male Io sto bene, io sto male, ma è una formalità Una formalità (Io sto bene, io sto male) Una formalità (Io sto bene, io sto male) Una formalità (Io sto bene, io sto male) Una formalità (Io sto bene, io sto male) Una formalità (Io sto bene, io sto male) Una formalità (Io sto bene, io sto male) (Io sto bene, io sto male) (Io sto bene, io sto male) Io sto bene © 1986 CCCP "Io sto bene" is one of only three CCCP songs with lyrics written by guitarist Massimo Zamboni. |
It’s a question of quality, it’s a question of quality, it’s a question of quality, or a formality, I don’t remember well, a formality. It’s a question of quality, it’s a question of quality, it’s a question of quality, or a formality, I don’t remember well, a formality. How to decide to cut one’s hair, to eliminate coffee or cigarettes, to fake it with someone or something. A formality, a formality, a formality, or a question of quality. I am fine, I feel sick, I don’t know where to be I am fine, I feel sick, I don’t know what to do I don’t study, I don’t work, I don’t watch TV I don’t go to the movies, I don’t play sports. I don’t study, I don’t work, I don’t watch TV I don’t go to the movies, I don’t play sports. It’s a question of quality, it’s a question of quality, it’s a question of quality, or a formality, I don’t remember well, a formality. How to decide to cut one’s hair, to eliminate coffee or cigarettes, to fake it with someone or something. A formality, a formality, a formality, or a question of quality. I am fine, I feel sick, I am well, I feel sick I am fine, I feel sick, but it’s a formality. A formality (I am fine, I feel sick) A formality (I am fine, I feel sick) A formality (I am fine, I feel sick) A formality (I am fine, I feel sick) A formality (I am fine, I feel sick) A formality (I am fine, I feel sick) (I am fine, I feel sick) (I am fine, I feel sick) English translation © 2025 Dennis Criteser 1964-1985 Affinità-divergenze fra il compagno Togliatti e noi - Del conseguimento della maggiore età (Affinities and divergences between Comrade Togliatti and us - of attaining the age of majority) was CCCP's first full solo album (following a pair of EPs), released in 1986 on the Attack Punk Records label. The album met with both critical and commercial success, and is #12 on the Rolling Stones list of best Italian albums. The title refers to a December 31, 1962 editorial in the daily Renmin ribao, an organ of the Chinese Communist Party, which criticized the Italian Communist Party led by Palmiro Togliatti, whose portrait is in the background of the album cover. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
