|
L'ammore nunn'è ammore, Si nun te fa suffrì Cammina e parla sule e e e Te prego staje accussì L'ammore è cose e pazze E nun se po spiegà L'essere umano è strane e e e Nun ce sta niente 'a fa' L'ammore è uommene e femmene L'ammore è frateme e soreme E si sbaglio perdoname Ca po' nun sbaglio cchiù E 'o munno, si stu munno, 'o munno va Pure si chiove o jesce 'o sole E 'o munno, si stu munno, 'o munno va Io voglio sule che staje bbuone... L'ammore si è carnale Cura e te fa male Piglia a muorze 'nfaccia e e e Chiude l'uocchie e po' t'abbraccia L'ammore è uommene e femmene L'ammore è frateme e soreme E si sbaglio perdoname Ca po' nun sbaglio cchiù (ca po' nun sbaglio cchiù) E o munno, si stu munno, 'o munno va Pure si chiove o jescè 'o sole E o munno, si stu munno, 'o munno va Io voglio sulo che staje bbuone E o munno, si stu munno, 'o munno va Pure si chiove o jescè 'o sole E o munno, si stu munno, 'o munno va Io voglio sulo che staje bbuone... 'o munn va © 2001 Pino Daniele "'o munn va" was one of the previously unreleased songs on this retrospective album. |
Love isn’t love if it doesn’t make you suffer. Walk and talk alone, I pray of you, stay like this. Love is crazy stuff and it can’t be explained. Human beings are strange, there’s nothing we can do about it. Love is man and woman, love is my brother and my sister, and if I’m wrong, forgive me that then I won’t be wrong again And this world, yes this world, this world goes on, even if it rains or there’s the sun. And this world, yes this world, this world goes on, I just want you to be well. Love is carnal, it heals and it hurts you. It bites on the face close your eyes and then it hugs you. Love is man and woman, love is my brother and my sister, and if I’m wrong, forgive me that then I won’t be wrong again, that then I won’t be wrong again. And this world, yes this world, this world goes on, even if it rains or there’s the sun. And this world, yes this world, this world goes on, I just want you to be well. And this world, yes this world, this world goes on, even if it rains or there’s the sun. And this world, yes this world, this world goes on, I just want you to be well. English translation © 2020 Dennis Criteser Ricomincio da 30 was released in 2008 as a major retrospective of Daniele's career. It contained 45 songs, half of them with new arrangements, and also included four previously unreleased songs. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.

