|
E cerca 'e me capì È tanto tempo che non ti vedevo Eppure so' cuntento 'O ssaje m'hanno fottuto cu''e viaggi e l'autostrada Tutto chello c'aggio passato E mo nun credo cchiù Nun credo cchiù E torno a casa stanco muorto e nun voglio fà niente Sto cu' ll'uocchie apierte e sento 'e sunà, sunà E pruove a vedè cu' dint'a ll'uocchie 'o sole E c''o cazone rutto a parlà 'e rivoluzione E cride ancora, cride ancora E pruove a vedè chi t'ha attaccato 'e 'mmane E nun te può girà pecché te fanno male E cride ancora, cride ancora E cerca 'e me capì Vorrei strappare mille occasioni E poi fuggir lontano Me so' scucciato 'e parlà' e dire ogni volta Quel che ho dentro e poi star male e poi suonare, suonare Ma torno a casa stanco muorto e nun voglio fà niente Sto cu' ll'uocchie apierte e sento 'e cantà, cantà E pruove a vedè cu' dint'a ll'uocchie 'o sole E c''o cazone rutto a parlà 'e rivoluzione E cride ancora, cride ancora E pruove a vedè chi t'ha attaccato 'e 'mmane E nun te può girà pecché te fanno male E sona ancora, sona ancora E cerca 'e me capì © 1980 Pino Daniele |
And try to understand me, it’s been so long that I haven’t seen you. But I’m happy. You know, they’ve robbed me, the highway travels plus everything I’ve experienced, and now I don’t believe anymore, I no longer believe. And I return home dead tired and don’t want to do anything. My eyes are wide open and I feel like playing, playing. And you try to see with the sun in your eyes, and with tattered pants to talk of revolution, and you still believe, you still believe. And you try to see who has your hands tied up and you can’t go around because they make you sick, and you still believe, you still believe. And try to understand me, I’d like to rip out a thousand occasions and then flee, far away. I’ve tired of talking and saying every time what I have inside and then feeling bad and then playing, playing. And I return home dead tired and don’t want to do anything. My eyes are wide open and I feel like singing, singing. And you try to see with the sun in your eyes and with tattered pants to talk of revolution, and you still believe, you still believe. And you try to see with the sun in your eyes and with tattered pants to talk of revolution, and you still believe, you still believe. English translation © 2020 Dennis Criteser Pino Daniele was Daniele's second album, released in 1979. The song “Je so' pazzo” became a radio hit and brought wider recognition to Daniele. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
