|
Non provocarmi mai Non provocarmi mai O scoppia la guerra tra noi! Femminilità Son d'accordo, ma Ma non marciarci, sai Non distruggere Questo amore mai È tutto ciò che tu hai! Quanti brividi dai Con quello sguardo provochi Tu accendi i fiammiferi Che poi si spengono E il buio ritorna Perché lo fai? Ci son pericoli Che non si vedono Non sono evidenti Ti accorgi poi Tu sei una cosa pericolosa e preziosa Dipinta di rosa Che per il freddo non sboccia mai Nemici noi, è un dolore, sai Se giochi tu, io non gioco più I fuochi divampano E accende il tuo fascino Non sai rinunciare e allora vai Tu sei una cosa pericolosa e preziosa Dipinta di rosa Che per il freddo non sboccia mai Nemici noi, è un dolore, sai Se giochi tu io non gioco più I fuochi divampano E accende il tuo fascino Non sai rinunciare e allora vai Oltre i limiti c'è l'ignoto, sai Pensaci bene, o resti o vai Pensaci bene, o resti o vai O resti o vai... Una rosa pericolosa © 1999 Mogol, Adriano Celentano |
Don’t ever provoke me, don’t ever provoke me, or war will break out between us! Femininity – I agree, but, but don’t overdo it, you know. Don’t destroy this love, ever. It’s everything that you have! You’re freaking me out, with that gaze, you provoke. You light the flames that then you put out, and darkness returns. Why do you do it? There are dangers that are unseen, they’re not evident – then you realize it. You’re something dangerous and precious, painted in pink, that due to coldness never blossoms. We’re enemies, it’s a heartache, you know. If you’re joking, I’m not joking anymore. The flames flare up and turn on your attraction. You don’t know how to give up and then you go. You’re something dangerous and precious, painted in pink, that due to coldness never blossoms. We’re enemies, it’s a heartache, you know. If you’re joking, I’m not joking anymore. The flames flare up and turn on your attraction. You don’t know how to give up and then you go. Beyond the limits there’s the unknown, you know. Think it over, either you stay or you go. Think it over, either you stay or you go, either you stay or you go . . . English translation © 2021 Dennis Criteser Io non so parlar d'amore was Celentano's first collaboration with the celebrated lyricist Mogol and Gianni Bella for the music on most of the songs. Released in 1999, the album remained in the charts for two years and is one of the most successful of his long career. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
