|
In questo mondo senza luce Ma come faccio a illuminarmi, yeah In questo ormai mondo truce Fai tu qualcosa per salvarmi, yeah No, no, no, non so pregare Tu dimmi solo dove andare, yeah Ma dimmi quale direzione Qui non c'è più un'indicazione Dimmi dov'è la direzione Fallo prima che finisca la passione Dimmi dov'è la direzione Fallo prima che finisca la passione Sei certo che su c'è ancora il cielo? C'è uno spot pubblicitario, yeah Metti uno stop in cima a un palo Fai presto a fare un inventario, yeah Oh no, no, no, non so pregare Tu dimmi solo dove devo andare, yeah Ma dimmi quale direzione Qui non c'è neanche un'indicazione Dimmi dov'è la direzione Fallo prima che finisca la passione Dimmi dov'è la direzione Fallo prima che finisca la passione Un centimetro quadrato ho di sensibilità Circondato dal deserto, denso di grande avidità Un centimetro quadrato ho di sensibilità Circondato dal deserto, denso di grande avidità Sei certo che su c'è ancora il cielo? C'è uno spot pubblicitario, yeah Ma dimmi solo dove devo andare Qui non c'è più un'indicazione Dove sono… Dimmi dov'è la direzione Fallo prima che finisca la passione Dimmi dov'è la direzione Fallo prima che finisca la passione Un centimetro quadrato ho di sensibilità Circondato dal deserto, denso di grande avidità Dimmi dov'è la direzione Fallo prima che finisca la passione Dimmi dov'è la direzione Fallo prima che finisca la passione Qual è la direzione © 1999 Mogol, Gianni Bella |
In this world with no light, but what do I do to enlighten me, yeah. In this now grim world, do something to save me, yeah. No, no, no, I don’t know how to pray. Just tell me where to go, yeah. But tell me what direction, here there’s not even an indication. Tell me where is the direction, do it before the passion ends. Tell me where is the direction, do it before the passion ends. Are you sure that the sky is still up there? There’s a commercial, yeah. Put a stop on top of a pole, hurry up and take stock, yeah. No, no, no, I don’t know how to pray, just tell me where to go, yeah. But tell me what direction, here there’s not even an indication. Tell me where is the direction, do it before the passion ends. Tell me where is the direction, do it before the passion ends. I have a square centimeter of sensitivity, surrounded by desert, dense with great greed. I have a square centimeter of sensitivity, surrounded by desert, dense with great greed. Are you sure that the sky is still up there? There’s a commercial, yeah. Put a stop on top of a pole, hurry up and take stock, yeah. Where am I . . . Tell me where is the direction, do it before the passion ends. Tell me where is the direction, do it before the passion ends. I have a square centimeter of sensitivity, surrounded by desert, dense with great greed. Tell me where is the direction, do it before the passion ends. Tell me where is the direction, do it before the passion ends. English translation © 2021 Dennis Criteser Io non so parlar d'amore was Celentano's first collaboration with the celebrated lyricist Mogol and Gianni Bella for the music on most of the songs. Released in 1999, the album remained in the charts for two years and is one of the most successful of his long career. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
