|
Quando vedo un prete in automobile Per il rosso aspettar Io provo un dispiacer Quando vedo un prete in automobile Una ruota cambiar Io provo un dispiacer .... Perche' lui pensa a grandi cose Fatte di eternita' Quando vedo un prete in automobile Una multa pagar Io provo un dispiacer Prete in automobile © 196? Luigi Tenco |
When I see a priest in a car waiting for the red, I feel a displeasure. When I see a priest in a car changing a tire, I feel a displeasure . . . because he thinks of great things made of eternity. When I see a priest in a car paying a fine, I feel a displeasure. English translation © 2020 Dennis Criteser Luigi Tenco canta Tenco, De AndrĂ©, Jannacci, Bob Dylan was posthumously released in 1972. It contains recordings from when Tenco was with the Jolly label, which released his second album in 1965. Most of the songs were probably recorded in 1964 and 1965, all unreleased until this album. |
I began exploring Italian popular songs as part of learning Italian. Here are my translations for some of my favorite "canzoni" by Italian singers, songwriters, and bands whose work I admire. It's a work in progress that can serve as a curated introduction to Italian popular music, with an emphasis on the 1950s through the 1990s. If you speak Italian, send me a message if you see lyrics I've misunderstood.
